TURKEY and SYRIA EARTHQUAKE in DIFFICULT TO ACCESS AREAS MAKES RESCUE MUCH MORE COMPLICATED.
The earthquake of magnitude 7.8 on the Richter scale in Turkey and Syria has caused more than a thousand victims and it is feared that the number will increase. The reason, according to Eloisa Molina, communications director of the NGO World Vision, is that the earthquake has occurred in an area that is difficult to access and where many of the inhabitants are in a very vulnerable situation. It is feared that by the time rescue teams arrive it will be too late for the victims trapped in the rubble. Acting quickly in these cases is essential to prevent the death toll from rising further. Turkey has issued alert level 4 and has already requested international assistance. Eloisa Molina assures that what is urgent now is to send basic necessities such as water, food and blankets. She also warns that this type of catastrophe is a breeding ground for diseases and there is a danger that fundamental rights, such as those of children, may be violated.
- Duration: 08:18
sismo en turquia, sismo, turquia, sismo, nota, noticias, noticias 2023
- Se presenta sismo en Jalisco.09:40
- Turkey earthquake: Dozens trapped as 22 killed and 500 injured01:58
- Terremoto de 7.2 sacude Indonesia02:04
- TOTAL chaos in Turkey and Syria after EARTHQUAKE 7.809:57
- Building collapses as earthquake hits Turkey & Greece; 4 killed, 120 injured01:17
- Turkey earthquake – Massive 7.0 quake rocks Izmir ‘triggering tsunami’01:52
- Rescues in Turkey after quake topples buildings15:02