Why Is #Karen the Latest Name to Be Used as an Insult?
Women caught on tape ranting and raving, often against Black people, have been dubbed "Karens," and the phenomenon even has a Wikipedia page, where the name is defined as "a woman perceived to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is considered appropriate or necessary." So, why the name "Karen"? "You don't hear young people named Karen," new media expert Jamie Cohen said. We spoke to some real-life Karens about the development.
- Duration: 02:14
- Why not pour used oil straight down the drain?01:21
- The Origins of the Last Name Garcia05:00
- OWN Why Karen Armstrong Says the Biblical God Is a Starter Kit02:03
- Blindspot: “Why Is His Name Tattooed on Her Back?” Promo (NBC)00:31
- John Oliver's Family Did Not Like His Name Before Beyoncé's in The Lion King Trailer03:08
- Why Popes change their name01:27
- A vagina with glasses01:25