What is Blackout Tuesday and who is taking part in the social media movement?
Today people around the world are showing solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. The music industry is observing a day-long "blackout" in response to the death of George Floyd and the killings of other black people. Several top record labels organised Blackout Tuesday to "disconnect from work and reconnect with our community" and their employees have been given the day off as a "day of action" to help "provoke accountability and change".
- Duration: 02:09
- National Social Media Day08:53
- How Social Media Is Ruining #MothersDay?02:40
- Cuba blocks social media access amid massive protest movement06:18
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY! #BlackLivesMatter #BlackoutTuesday10:06
- Istanbul’s cat-friendly imam wins the hearts of social media users02:49
- Social Experiment - The Dangers Of Social Media06:59
- What you post on social media affects your sex life05:00